There is a new world order. MacDefender, and subsequently MacGuard, demonstrate that the inherent security by obscurity of the Mac is fading, and that attackers are looking at the bigger picture.
Apple users are getting new details about one malware scare, but should be careful not to fall victim to another that may be lurking.
Apple may have conquered the Mac Defender malware with an official support page and a promise to wipe out the problem through a software update, but that's not stopping malware authors from fighting back.
Apple says it has a fix in the works for the Mac Defender fake antivirus app that has plagued a surprising number of Mac users in recent weeks. The company recently posted a Mac Defender support page explaining how you can remove the malware from you...
Hotmail accounts were recently targeted by an attacking against a zero-day vulnerability in the Microsoft Webmail system. The attack is more insidious than some because it executes without user intervention when a malicious email is opened.
I didn't expect to get a ticket to the rapture, but judging from the lack of abandoned vehicles it seems that the rumors of the end of the world were a bit exaggerated. However, even though the world did not come crashing to a halt today, don't let ...
Mac Defender is turning out to be somewhat of an epidemic that neither Apple, nor Mac users seem prepared for. The Mac malware has caught the Apple ecosystem off guard and threatens to shatter the reality distortion field that Apple thrives on.
Mac users don't have to worry about malware, right? Well, for many years that's been true, although the reasons were always the topic of contentious debate between the Apple faithful and various security researchers, many of whom predicted Mac securi...
Israel is setting up a national task force to expand the state's ability to defend vital infrastructure networks from cyberterrorist attacks by foreign countries and terrorist elements, according to a <a href="http://www.pmo.gov.il/PMOEng/Communicati...
There are phishing scams out there targeting Adobe users. Make sure you know how to recognize and avoid these threats when they arrive in your Inbox.
Security researchers revealed a dangerous exploit in Skype for Mac which can be exploited to create a worm that can take control of Mac PCs. This FAQ will help you understand the potential impact of the threat, and what you can do to protect your sys...
Attackers are now using Google's image search to distributed malware, security experts say. Thousands of sites have reportedly been compromised by code injection -- the malicious code redirects users to fake antivirus applications.
The death of Osama bin Laden, the dramatic events surrounding the military operation against bin Laden's compound in a posh Pakistani suburb, and the resulting conspiracy theories and fear of retaliatory attacks from Al Qaeda are all very popular top...
Malware creators are already using the news of Osama Bin Laden's death as a opportunity to try and dupe people into clicking on malicious links. According to cloud-security firm Zscaler, researchers were already seeing malicious sites emerge to capit...
The Pakistani programmer who dubbed himself "the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing about it" is also the guy who got his website hacked without knowing about it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW