Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
Adobe Systems released an emergency security update for Flash Player Tuesday to fix a critical vulnerability that has been exploited by a China-based cyberespionage group.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattac...
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
The group behind the Duqu cyberespionage tool has compromised at least two telecommunications operators and one electronic equipment manufacturer, in addition to a cybersecurity firm and venues that hosted high-level nuclear negotiations between worl...
A state-sponsored espionage group that uses a malware platform called Duqu has compromised the computer networks of several hotels and venues that hosted negotiations over Iran's nuclear program.
Police in several European countries arrested 49 suspected members of a gang they say broke into corporate email accounts, using them to divert payments from business customers.
A new malware program designed to steal payment card details from point-of-sale (PoS) systems is targeting businesses using Oracle Micros products.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Multiple cyberespionage groups are specifically targeting government and military organizations from countries in Asia and the Pacific region with the goal of gathering geo-political intelligence, according to new security research.
Microsoft has taken steps to stop a China-based hacking group from using its TechNet website as part of its attack infrastructure, according to security vendor FireEye.
A security firm is warning that a group of Russian hackers known for targeting military, government and media organizations is now preparing to attack banks in the US and elsewhere.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI to probe new emails related to Clinton's private server
- New Windows code injection method could let malware bypass detection
- Uber drivers in the UK are employees, court rules
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- TPICT Solutions EngineerSA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCNetapp Data OnTapNSW
- TPSAP Basis ConsultantQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCICT Service Desk AnalystSA
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW