The group behind the Duqu cyberespionage tool has compromised at least two telecommunications operators and one electronic equipment manufacturer, in addition to a cybersecurity firm and venues that hosted high-level nuclear negotiations between worl...
A state-sponsored espionage group that uses a malware platform called Duqu has compromised the computer networks of several hotels and venues that hosted negotiations over Iran's nuclear program.
Police in several European countries arrested 49 suspected members of a gang they say broke into corporate email accounts, using them to divert payments from business customers.
A new malware program designed to steal payment card details from point-of-sale (PoS) systems is targeting businesses using Oracle Micros products.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Multiple cyberespionage groups are specifically targeting government and military organizations from countries in Asia and the Pacific region with the goal of gathering geo-political intelligence, according to new security research.
Microsoft has taken steps to stop a China-based hacking group from using its TechNet website as part of its attack infrastructure, according to security vendor FireEye.
A security firm is warning that a group of Russian hackers known for targeting military, government and media organizations is now preparing to attack banks in the US and elsewhere.
Tens of thousands of home routers have been infected with malware, and are being used by hackers to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, including by the hacktivist group Anonymous.
A team of anonymous developers who recently created a Linux rootkit that runs on graphics cards has released a new proof-of-concept malware program that does the same on Windows. A Mac OS X implementation is also in the works.
Australians have been targeted with a Breaking Bad-themed crypto ransomware.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
A team of developers has created a rootkit for Linux systems that uses the processing power and memory of graphics cards instead of CPUs in order to remain hidden.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW