A computer Trojan that hides its malicious code inside PNG image files counts healthcare organizations in the U.S. among its primary targets.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
Adobe Systems released an emergency security update for Flash Player Tuesday to fix a critical vulnerability that has been exploited by a China-based cyberespionage group.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattac...
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
The group behind the Duqu cyberespionage tool has compromised at least two telecommunications operators and one electronic equipment manufacturer, in addition to a cybersecurity firm and venues that hosted high-level nuclear negotiations between worl...
A state-sponsored espionage group that uses a malware platform called Duqu has compromised the computer networks of several hotels and venues that hosted negotiations over Iran's nuclear program.
Police in several European countries arrested 49 suspected members of a gang they say broke into corporate email accounts, using them to divert payments from business customers.
A new malware program designed to steal payment card details from point-of-sale (PoS) systems is targeting businesses using Oracle Micros products.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Multiple cyberespionage groups are specifically targeting government and military organizations from countries in Asia and the Pacific region with the goal of gathering geo-political intelligence, according to new security research.
Microsoft has taken steps to stop a China-based hacking group from using its TechNet website as part of its attack infrastructure, according to security vendor FireEye.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC chairman to announce plans to repeal net neutrality
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW