IBM has joined an increasing number of vendors who are pushing for real-time cybersecurity information sharing among private and public organizations, researchers and other network defenders.
Point-of-Sale (PoS) terminals have become an attractive target for hackers over the past year, reflected in the increasing number of RAM-scraping programs that steal payment card information from the memory of such systems.
An otherwise unremarkable hacking group likely aligned with China appears to be one of the first to have targeted so-called air-gapped networks that are not directly connected to the Internet, according to FireEye.
A large hotel management company has confirmed a second payment card breach in less than 14 months, underscoring the difficulties businesses are having with data thieves.
For the first time, a country in Western Europe has reported that malware attacks were used by hackers to steal €1.23 million (US$1.32 million) from ATMs. One major problem is the continued use of Windows XP in ATMs, making them more vulnerable to at...
Europol, in collaboration with Dutch authorities, the U.S. FBI and private security companies, have seized the domain names used to control a botnet called Beebone.
A large number of ads distributed by a Google advertising partner redirected users to Web-based exploits that attempted to install malware on users' computers.
The open-source and free software user group Linux Australia said personal information for attendees of two conferences it hosts may have been leaked after malware was found on one of its servers.
Security vendor Malwarebytes has flagged the Dell System Detect tool as a potentially unwanted application after older versions of the program were found to put computers at risk.
A combination of new malware and old-fashioned social engineering has been used to rob companies of more than US$1 million, according to a new study from IBM.
Based on data collected by Google, less than one percent of Android devices had a potentially harmful application installed last year. This includes devices on which users have installed applications from outside the official Google Play store.
Google has identified and disabled 192 Chrome browser extensions that injected rogue ads into Web pages opened by users without being upfront about it. The company will scan for similar policy violations in future.
A new malware program is being used to do reconnaissance for targeted attacks against companies in the energy sector.
For the past two years, a cyberespionage group that likely operates from Lebanon has hacked into hundreds of defense contractors, telecommunications operators, media groups and educational organizations from at least 10 countries.
Mobile malware is a growing problem, but researchers from University of Alabama at Birmingham have figured out a new way of detecting when shady mobile apps get up to no good, such as trying to call premium-rate numbers unbeknowst to a phone's owner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW