A team of anonymous developers who recently created a Linux rootkit that runs on graphics cards has released a new proof-of-concept malware program that does the same on Windows. A Mac OS X implementation is also in the works.
Australians have been targeted with a Breaking Bad-themed crypto ransomware.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
A team of developers has created a rootkit for Linux systems that uses the processing power and memory of graphics cards instead of CPUs in order to remain hidden.
Over five percent of browser visits to Google owned websites, including Google Search, are altered by computer programs that inject ads into pages. One called Superfish is responsible for a majority of those ad injections.
Cybercriminals are increasingly copying cyberespionage groups in using targeted attacks against their victims instead of large-scale, indiscriminate infection campaigns.
A new type of malware resorts to crippling a computer if it is detected during security checks, a particularly catastrophic blow to its victims.
Microsoft is betting that good security support will be key to keeping its enterprise customers from straying to rivals.
Some users whose computers have been infected with a ransomware program called TeslaCrypt might be in luck: security researchers from Cisco Systems have developed a tool to recover their encrypted files.
Some of the world's leading cryptographers are concerned about the increasing number of malicious programs that hold computers and mobile phones to ransom, in many cases by abusing the encryption algorithms they designed.
If you can't wait for that critical patch to secure your system from some just-discovered bug, IT security firm Qualys may have an answer, through new security software that can secure the trouble spot until the patch arrives.
The group of attackers behind cyberintrusions at the White House and the Department of State last year used malware that bears strong similarities to cyberespionage tools suspected to be of Russian origin.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
A fresh attack by a long-known hacking group suspected to be linked with Russia did little to mask its activity in an attack a week ago.
Even though its activities were exposed last year, a cyberespionage group dubbed Pawn Storm has ramped up its efforts over the past few months, targeting NATO members and potentially the White House.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW