Swiftly putting its recently acquired Softlayer global cloud to use, IBM is moving much of its software portfolio and all of its existing platform services to the Softlayer cloud, where they all can be accessed as services under a common open archite...
Amazon Web Services now offers a hosted version of the R programming language, providing an easy way for individuals and organizations to start and test their big-data-styled analysis projects.
Microsoft's new service, Power BI, provides a way to analyze data and present the results in a visually appealing way, without the bother of consulting an enterprise business intelligence software package.
Amazon Web Services has improved the performance of its Redshift data warehouse with new SSD-based nodes, which can also lower the cost of the service as long as storage capacity needs are also low.
Sensing the customer need for more computational muscle in smaller packages, Amazon Web Services has added a number of new packages in its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service.
Dispelling any lingering doubt that IBM sees cloud computing as the way of the future, the company announced that it will invest US$1.2 billion this year in expanding its global cloud infrastructure.
Rounding out its hosting service for millions of users, the GitHub online code repository has added more bandwidth for project home pages and has introduced analytics to summarize the Web traffic each project generates.
Dropbox is getting help from Dell to convince enterprises to pick its hosted storage and file-sharing platform, and also to make it more secure.
Microsoft has launched the Cloud OS Network, a global consortium of cloud service providers that offer Windows Azure IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service).
Hewlett Packard is making the case for private and hybrid clouds in Barcelona this week at its annual HP Discover user conference.
BMC Software has set up a private-label marketplace service that will allow independent software vendors (ISVs) and other organizations to run their own online app stores.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Recognizing the growing popularity of Node.js for building distributed Web applications, cloud provider Joyent will soon offer a commercial support package for managing the platform, wherever it is run.
After running the service in preview mode for over a year, Google is making its IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service) Google Compute Engine (GCE) available as a full-fledged commercial service.
With its new AppStream offering, Amazon is offering intensive graphics processing as a service, with the promise of freeing developers from worrying about the rendering capabilities of each user's device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
- Okta partners with Google to secure cloud identities
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC