ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Buyouts, betrayals, and booty calls - the tech industry is steamy with merger and split-up intrigue
Our running list of mergers and acquisitions
The Cloud-friendly suite has gotten improvements in collaboration capabilities, data visualisation, and more
Here you’ll find a list of some of the most important, influential, notable, and even downright silly legal battles that Apple has been involved in since first forming in 1976.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
A group of researchers from the U.S. Naval Academy has developed a technique for analyzing email traffic in real-time to identify spam messages as they come across the wire, simply using information from the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) packet...
Amazon Web Services has introduced Elastic Network Interfaces, which are attached to instances in a private cloud to allow for more flexibility when configuring the system.
IBM is taking its business analytics capabilities down a new path by making them available to IT organizations to monitor and predict issues with systems and processes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW