ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Buyouts, betrayals, and booty calls - the tech industry is steamy with merger and split-up intrigue
Our running list of mergers and acquisitions
The Cloud-friendly suite has gotten improvements in collaboration capabilities, data visualisation, and more
Here you’ll find a list of some of the most important, influential, notable, and even downright silly legal battles that Apple has been involved in since first forming in 1976.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
A group of researchers from the U.S. Naval Academy has developed a technique for analyzing email traffic in real-time to identify spam messages as they come across the wire, simply using information from the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) packet...
Amazon Web Services has introduced Elastic Network Interfaces, which are attached to instances in a private cloud to allow for more flexibility when configuring the system.
IBM is taking its business analytics capabilities down a new path by making them available to IT organizations to monitor and predict issues with systems and processes.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW