ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Buyouts, betrayals, and booty calls - the tech industry is steamy with merger and split-up intrigue
Our running list of mergers and acquisitions
The Cloud-friendly suite has gotten improvements in collaboration capabilities, data visualisation, and more
Here you’ll find a list of some of the most important, influential, notable, and even downright silly legal battles that Apple has been involved in since first forming in 1976.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
A group of researchers from the U.S. Naval Academy has developed a technique for analyzing email traffic in real-time to identify spam messages as they come across the wire, simply using information from the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) packet...
Amazon Web Services has introduced Elastic Network Interfaces, which are attached to instances in a private cloud to allow for more flexibility when configuring the system.
IBM is taking its business analytics capabilities down a new path by making them available to IT organizations to monitor and predict issues with systems and processes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia