Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
The Internet Engineering Task Force is considering establishing a working group to smooth some of the impending issues around setting up and maintaining IPv6-based Internet connections into homes.
While the Netherlands is primarily known for windmills, tulips and legalized marijuana, it could soon be known for its net neutrality regulations as well.
The use of the 1.4GHz band for a supplemental mobile downlink could solve Europe's spectrum-crunch problem, according to a new report presented Wednesday.
Enterasys this week rolled out software that allows network admins to access its management system via social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Salesforce.com's Chatter.
LAS VEGAS -- On the big screen at its user conference here, Hewlett-Packard executives tried to make the practice of cloud computing "bursting" look as easy as drag and drop. But the users watching a demo of workloads being shifted to an external clo...
Researchers have figured out how to to crack captchas, making it possible to launch automated attacks against sites such as Microsoft, eBay and Digg where opening phony accounts could be turned into cash.
Turning to Internet services instead of in-house servers appeals to companies seeking lean, mobile operations. The "cloud" is a hot buzzword, but moving the bulk of your infrastructure and data there isn't right for every business. Most small compani...
Hoping to simplify the ornery task of load balancing Microsoft Exchange servers, Kemp Technologies has released a virtual machine-based version of its Exchange 2010 application delivery controller, called Virtual LoadMaster Exchange (VLM-Exchange).
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
I recently interviewed dozens of CIOs about their hiring concerns and was left amazed. Not by their revelations, but by their level of frustration.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT