If customers or employees often complain that your business’ Wi-Fi is too slow, you aren’t alone as wireless demands have been higher than ever, and don’t show any signs of abating. But solving that problem may not just be about<a href="http://www.pc...
Many IT pros in the past have shied away from specializing in .Net application development, out of fear of choosing too narrow a specialty and limiting future job opportunities. Now that it's clear the Microsoft development platform is sticking aroun...
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
The Internet Engineering Task Force is considering establishing a working group to smooth some of the impending issues around setting up and maintaining IPv6-based Internet connections into homes.
While the Netherlands is primarily known for windmills, tulips and legalized marijuana, it could soon be known for its net neutrality regulations as well.
The use of the 1.4GHz band for a supplemental mobile downlink could solve Europe's spectrum-crunch problem, according to a new report presented Wednesday.
Enterasys this week rolled out software that allows network admins to access its management system via social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Salesforce.com's Chatter.
LAS VEGAS -- On the big screen at its user conference here, Hewlett-Packard executives tried to make the practice of cloud computing "bursting" look as easy as drag and drop. But the users watching a demo of workloads being shifted to an external clo...
Researchers have figured out how to to crack captchas, making it possible to launch automated attacks against sites such as Microsoft, eBay and Digg where opening phony accounts could be turned into cash.
Turning to Internet services instead of in-house servers appeals to companies seeking lean, mobile operations. The "cloud" is a hot buzzword, but moving the bulk of your infrastructure and data there isn't right for every business. Most small compani...
Hoping to simplify the ornery task of load balancing Microsoft Exchange servers, Kemp Technologies has released a virtual machine-based version of its Exchange 2010 application delivery controller, called Virtual LoadMaster Exchange (VLM-Exchange).
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT