Extreme Networks is going mobile. The company today wheeled out a roadmap that will steer the company's product line toward mobile device and application access, availability and management support.
While devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android are in most cases welcomed into the corporate world, there's uncertainty about how to fit them into enterprise IT security practices that have been concerned so long by Microsoft Windows.
Incidents of cheating on IT certifications are on the rise, a trend that experts say is an outward sign of the desperation felt by out-of-work and under-employed IT professionals.
As large enterprises search for solutions to get the most out of their outsourcing vendors, many are turning to operational frameworks like Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to improve the effectiveness of IT service delivery.
Cost-saving technologies remain a priority for IT in 2011 and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), with its ability to streamline operations, is one of the technologies at the top of the list.
For IT professionals and network industry vendors alike, the events of last week represent a game changer regarding IPv6, which was developed in 1998 but has scarcely been deployed.
Routing issues, slow network applications, DNS resolution problems -- a network administrator has to deal with a host of network nuisances on a daily basis. How do you survive when you're constantly under the gun to fix the problems? Like any other p...
Cisco this week announced its intent to acquire privately-held Pari Networks, a provider of network configuration, change and compliance management appliances that was <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/013108-network-management-start-up....
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
The Stuxnet worm that disrupted Iran's ability to enrich uranium into bomb-grade nuclear fuel was jointly created by Israel and the U.S., the New York Times said Saturday.
Two researchers may have found a way to greatly reduce traffic bottlenecks that could take place in ad hoc networks. Such work may be essential for the future development of sensor networks, they say.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
As we close out 2010 and welcome 2011 it is clear we're at an interesting juncture in IT, with new opportunities stretching out before us. The key will be what we make of the opportunities and how we position our efforts to capitalize on them.
There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Notify Technology announced details of its NotifyMDM On-Demand mobile device management solution. NotifyMDM is designed to help IT admins manage the diverse array of mobile devices -- providing broad, cross-platform tools for managing and protecting ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC