Later this year, Google Maps users will start seeing new ads as they're driving down the road and planning trips using its mobile app.
Nokia has reached an agreement to sell its Here mapping and location services business to an automotive industry consortium consisting of Audi, BMW Group and Daimler, in a deal that gives the business an enterprise value of €2.8 billion (US$3.1 billi...
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
After halting the service due to an influx of spam, Google is ready to open Map Maker again, with changes that hand much of the control back to users.
With the arrival of El Capitan on Google Street View last month, you can now haul yourself virtually up one of the most famous rock faces in the world. Navigating certain streets in urban areas, however, can still be a challenge.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
An appeals court has ruled that Google Earth images, like photographs, can be used as evidence in a court.
Uber has made enemies in the five years its cars have been on the road. Safety concerns have sparked lawsuits from regulators, its data collection practices have landed it in hot water, and CEO Travis Kalanick can’t seem to shake his spoiled brat ima...
Google will let users access more key functions of its Maps service, including search and navigation, without an Internet connection this year.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
Google Maps lists the White House among top search results for certain queries containing racist terms against African-Americans.
Uber is acquiring deCarta, a mapping and location company that could help Uber to develop new types of services and also ensure its drivers show up on time.
Uber likes to promote its service as an easy way to get from point A to point B with a smartphone. Now the company wants to reward you for making one of those points a hotel.
Uber is joining forces with Carnegie Mellon University to open a research center that will develop self-driving cars, expanding its business in a new direction and opening a potential rift with Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT