Nokia has reached an agreement to sell its Here mapping and location services business to an automotive industry consortium consisting of Audi, BMW Group and Daimler, in a deal that gives the business an enterprise value of €2.8 billion (US$3.1 billi...
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
After halting the service due to an influx of spam, Google is ready to open Map Maker again, with changes that hand much of the control back to users.
With the arrival of El Capitan on Google Street View last month, you can now haul yourself virtually up one of the most famous rock faces in the world. Navigating certain streets in urban areas, however, can still be a challenge.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
An appeals court has ruled that Google Earth images, like photographs, can be used as evidence in a court.
Uber has made enemies in the five years its cars have been on the road. Safety concerns have sparked lawsuits from regulators, its data collection practices have landed it in hot water, and CEO Travis Kalanick can’t seem to shake his spoiled brat ima...
Google will let users access more key functions of its Maps service, including search and navigation, without an Internet connection this year.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
Google Maps lists the White House among top search results for certain queries containing racist terms against African-Americans.
Uber is acquiring deCarta, a mapping and location company that could help Uber to develop new types of services and also ensure its drivers show up on time.
Uber likes to promote its service as an easy way to get from point A to point B with a smartphone. Now the company wants to reward you for making one of those points a hotel.
Uber is joining forces with Carnegie Mellon University to open a research center that will develop self-driving cars, expanding its business in a new direction and opening a potential rift with Google.
The city of Portland, Oregon, has sued Uber, ordering it to halt its service until it obtains the permits to operate legally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC