Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is offering to pay US$1.1 billion to buy one of the country's largest mapping providers, as part of its strategy to boost its mobile services.
Telenav has acquired German company Skobbler in an effort to improve its navigation offerings using the crowd-sourced and open-sourced OpenStreetMap (OSM) project.
You thought you were shopping for family and friends this holiday season, but in doing so you may have also given a nice present to retailers: your data.
Google is taking its cameras indoors in an effort to map international transit hubs, starting with 16 airports and more than 50 train and subway stations.
Google's increasing use of users' personal data in its services may in the future extend to Maps, where users could see more customized, individual views.
Taiwan is demanding Apple revise its mapping software and remove a label that describes the island as a province of China, rather than as a sovereign state.
Mozilla is working on a geolocation data service using cell tower and Wi-Fi signals to give developers what it says will be a more privacy-aware option than current alternatives.
Google wants to turn business owners into cartographers with a new mapping tool designed to visualize their companies' data.
When's dinner? Just ask Google ... Maps.
Microsoft wants to build a better mobile phone through its acquisition of Nokia's mobile phone business. One way it hopes to do that? By improving its maps applications to better compete against Google's.
Apple is reportedly acquiring mapping app developer Embark, in a move that could lend more real-time navigation features for public transit to Apple's own Maps app.
Google is making good on its promise to make its Maps app more comprehensive and useful following its acquisition of mapping company Waze, with some new traffic update features going live Tuesday.
Users of the Google Maps app will soon start seeing more ways to interact with paid content within the app, the company recently announced.
Google is shutting down the Google+ Local places and discovery app for iOS devices and will be transitioning its features over to its Maps app, the company said Friday.
Apple has acquired Locationary, a start-up based in Toronto that provides a platform for aggregating and managing local business listings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
- OEM software update tools preloaded on PCs are a security mess
- Privacy Shield needs improvement, says EU privacy watchdog
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia