The newer, prettier version of Google Maps for the desktop is now available for anyone to try out without an invite, Google recently announced via Twitter.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has asked Google for information related to its Waze acquisition, as the agency reviews the deal, according to reports published on Saturday.
U.S. antitrust agencies should block Google's proposed acquisition of crowdsourced mapping app Waze because the deal would take away Google's major competitor in mobile maps, consumer group Consumer Watchdog said.
Google is buying the crowdsourced mapping app developer Waze, in a move geared toward adding more real-time navigation tools to its own Maps software, the company announced Tuesday.
Google is close to a deal to acquire Waze, maker of the eponymous crowdsourced mapping app, for at least $1 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal and others.
We may not have a new version of Android to drool over, but at least we've got more feature-filled, better-looking maps. At its Google I/O keynote, the company announced an enhanced version of its popular Google Maps service. The demos shown on stage...
Google is adding a new level of personalization and a cleaner interface to its popular Maps product.
Google Maps is rumored to get a UI overhaul next week. According to the Google Operating System blog (an unofficial Google blog), the new interface will nix the sidebar and overlay all the information on top of a full page screen.
Google has announced that its Maps application on Android devices can now display indoor maps of selected Australian airports, shopping centres, train stations, sports venues and other locations.
A small Japanese town, abandoned because of radiation concerns after the Fukushima nuclear plant disaster in 2011, is working with Google's map service to keep its memory alive.
The Tokyo government has posted nearly 300 NFC location tags around the upscale Ginza shopping district and released an Android app to interact with them as part of an experiment to help guide shoppers.
Toyota Motor Europe will use Nokia's mapping technology in its next-generation navigation and infotainment systems.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW