Google has published detailed maps of North Korea, based on information entered by users via its online Map Maker tool.
Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
Victoria Police is warning motorists to keep away from the current version of Apple’s Maps app due to five separate incidents where persons were directed off-road and into dangerous terrain.
Australian police are warning people not to rely on Apple's new mobile mapping application after several motorists ended up in a semi-arid national park where temperatures can reach 115F (46C) and there is no water supply.
Google has added indoor floor plans to the Web version of its Maps service, allowing any device with a browser to show the way in airports, rail stations, shopping malls and museums in nine countries.
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
Disoriented at Minneapolis' Mall of America? Confused at Tokyo's Narita airport? Can't find the bathrooms at your local Ikea store? The Google Maps application for Android phones and tablets may offer some help.
The Institute for Science and International Security in Washington has used imagery from Google Earth to <a href="http://isis-online.org/isis-reports/detail/further-construction-progress-of-possible-new-military-uranium-enrichment-f/">arrive at the c...
Bowing to pressure from European privacy regulators, Google will soon allow owners of Wi-Fi access points to opt out of a Google service that allows smartphone owners to identify their location without using GPS (Global Positioning System), it said T...
If you talk to your desktop PC, it's probably for all the wrong reasons -- usually to hurl expletives at the machine for not working properly. Well, users of the desktop version of Google Chrome now have a more productive reason to get chatty with th...
When Greg Martin [cq] returned home last Wednesday morning after a night of intense rioting in London, his West End apartment had been ransacked.
The photograph shows a hooded young man looking toward the sky just after he apparently threw something. Close by, a Citroen compact car is completely engulfed in flames.
Google has applied for the necessary license to continue operating its online maps in China as the deadline for obtaining government approval approaches.
Microsoft has improved street-level images in Bing's Maps search engine, rendering the view with more continuity when users move up or down a road.
Google has upgraded the mobile site for Maps, which is one of the company's most popular online services, adding features found on the version for desktop browsers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW