Google has applied for the necessary license to continue operating its online maps in China as the deadline for obtaining government approval approaches.
Microsoft has improved street-level images in Bing's Maps search engine, rendering the view with more continuity when users move up or down a road.
Google has upgraded the mobile site for Maps, which is one of the company's most popular online services, adding features found on the version for desktop browsers.
Electric power cuts in India are frequent and all over the country. But information on the extent of the problem has been largely anecdotal.
Google will open up to third parties its digital maps infrastructure so that enterprise organizations can use it to store and serve up geospatial data to their end users.
Google's <a href="http://mapmaker.google.com">Map Maker</a>, an online application that lets people annotate and add cartographic drawings to Google Maps, is finally available for the U.S., after debuting in 183 countries since its launch in 2008.
A Swiss court has ruled that Google is breaching citizens’ right to privacy with its Street View service and should take greater steps to obscure people caught by its cameras, according to court documents published on Monday.
Google says it is in talks with the Chinese government about its online map product, which could be penalized in China due to new state laws.
Google has yet to apply for the necessary state license to operate its online mapping service in China, putting another Google product in jeopardy as the first deadline looms.
Google won a civil lawsuit in Germany lodged by a woman who contended its roving camera cars that shoot photographs for Street View violated her privacy.
Google must pay a fine of €100,000 ($US142,000) for the unauthorized collection of information about the location of Wi-Fi hotspots in France by its Street View cars, France's National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL) has ordered.
A Swiss court is considering a request from the country's data protection commissioner that Google should manually blur people's faces in its Street View imagery application rather than use automated technology.
Google has missed a deadline set by the Connecticut Attorney General's Office for turning over data that it says was collected inadvertently by its Street View cameras.
As part of an initiative to leverage the OpenStreetMap project for its own Bing Maps, Microsoft has hired OSM founder Steve Coast, the company announced Tuesday.
Google gingerly launched a select set of Street View images for Germany on Tuesday, a country where it has faced some of the most fierce opposition to the imagery application.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW