Much has been made about the "Internet of things," but behind every device is a customer, and companies that fail to recognize this do so at their own peril, according to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff.
Customers of Salesforce.com who want their own dedicated infrastructure within the vendor's cloud will now be able to get one through a partnership with Hewlett-Packard.
Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff has laid out a new strategic and thematic direction for his company, saying that its goal will now be to help clients become "customer companies," with the end result being greater success.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 will mark "the end" of the computer industry's dominant OS due to increasing competition and choice sparked by alternatives, according to Salesforce.com CEO, Marc Benioff.
The Salesforce.com chief continued his spat with Oracle CEO Larry Ellison on Wednesday morning - and you might not see Marc Benioff at an Oracle conference again.
Having gone through a <a href="http://www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/formerceos.html">rash of CEOs</a> in the past 10 to 15 years, Hewlett-Packard may soon find itself looking for yet another new chief, despite just tapping Meg ...
Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
Salesforce.com is deepening the integration between its CRM (customer relationship management) and customer service software with the explosively popular social-networking site Facebook, Salesforce.com will announce on Thursday at an event in New Yor...
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff on Thursday attempted to cement an image of the vendor as a full-blown application development platform provider, not merely a purveyor of SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW