A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW