A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Current regulations aren't enough to warn customers and protect them against data breaches at financial institutions, one U.S. senator said during a hearing Tuesday.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA