A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Current regulations aren't enough to warn customers and protect them against data breaches at financial institutions, one U.S. senator said during a hearing Tuesday.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia