Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
Add Big Data and analytics to the businesses Oracle wants to dominate in the Cloud.
Salesforce.com is betting that a push into industry-specific versions of its cloud-based software can help it maintain its breakneck pace of growth, and even usurp SAP as the industry's largest enterprise application vendor.
Oracle's database, WebLogic application server and Java programming language will soon be generally available on Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, marking a major milestone in the high-profile partnership the vendors announced in June 2013.
Oracle's second-quarter revenue rose 2 percent to US$9.3 billion while net income dropped 1 percent to $2.6 billion, with new software license and cloud subscription revenue flat and hardware product revenue continuing a long slide.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT