After seven years of working on the surface of Mars, NASA's Mars rover Opportunity has been upgraded to allow it to make some of its own decisions.
After six years roaming across and working on Mars, NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit has been deemed permanently stuck in dirt on the planet's surface.
NASA says it is narrowing a short list of things its scientists can to extricate its stuck Mars Spirit rover.
NASA's long running Mars rover is stuck in a sand trap – a situation the space agency would like to fix. So NASA will begin what it called the long process of extricating Spirit by sending commands that could free the rover.
NASA scientists are putting together diagnostic tests to find out why one of the space agency's two Mars rovers began failing to respond to instructions over the weekend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
- IBM is folding SoftLayer into its Bluemix cloud services portfolio
- Azure brings SQL Server Analysis Services to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW