A proposal to make websites liable when user-generated comments violate state laws would be disaster for many popular online destinations, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
A proposed change to U.S. law that would allow state attorneys general to hold websites liable for content posted by users is a "dangerous path," a group of tech trade groups and legal scholars said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC