A proposal to make websites liable when user-generated comments violate state laws would be disaster for many popular online destinations, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
A proposed change to U.S. law that would allow state attorneys general to hold websites liable for content posted by users is a "dangerous path," a group of tech trade groups and legal scholars said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC