Wi-Fi looks set to play a growing role in mobile networks even as LTE and other new cellular technologies with higher capacity are deployed.
The fast, high-capacity Wi-Fi that users have been enjoying for a few years in laptops is now due to hit smartphones and tablets in a big way, with two major Wi-Fi chip makers announcing products that use IEEE 802.11n with multiple antennas.
Marvell on Monday announced a quad-core chip designed for use in servers that could help Arm break into a server market currently dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Marvell on Thursday announced a triple-core chip for tablets and smartphones that it says will deliver breakthrough graphics and application performance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCUX DesignerNSW