Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Softbank's CEO, in a battle with Dish Network to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel, slammed a US$25.5 billion offer made by Dish, saying it is based on "imaginary" numbers and would create a company with "insane" amounts of debt.
News of the death of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs reached Japan on Thursday, as manufacturers hawked their latest iPad and MacBook clones at a giant trade show outside of Tokyo.
Softbank, Japan's third-largest mobile carrier and exclusive purveyor of the Apple iPhone in the country, said Thursday it would launch in November a new data network allowing downloads of up to 110 Mbps (megabits per second), faster than many wired ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Delivery ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA