They may not be as quick or efficient as airport sniffer dogs, but robots are getting ready to take the fight against drug smuggling underwater.
If you get stuck in traffic a lot, your next car may be able to talk to other vehicles and help keep you off jammed roads.
Fumbling around for your near-vision glasses to read the tablet screen? University researchers may have come up with a way to alleviate that problem.
A breakthrough by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology could change the way Web and mobile apps are written and help companies like Facebook keep the cat videos coming.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a 36-core processor in an effort to find new ways to eke more performance out of chips.
Complaints by Netflix and Internet backbone providers about network traffic congestion point to a real problem, with congestion on some networks lasting 18 hours a day, but the problems are sporadic and often temporary, according to preliminary resul...
Four transmitting telescopes in the New Mexico desert, each just 6 inches in diameter, can give a satellite orbiting the moon faster Internet access than many U.S. homes get.
Work is well underway on a study of big data technologies' impact on privacy rights, a senior Obama administration official said Monday, stopping short of saying that substantive new policy changes could be around the corner.
Online course participants are more likely to browse lesson material than stick around to earn a completion certificate, according to a report examining enrollment and usage data from edX, an online learning platform jointly launched by Harvard Unive...
A group of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have devised a potentially more effective way of helping computers solve some of the toughest optimization problems they face.
IBM and four universities are planning a research project into cognitive computing, which seeks to build computers that operate in a manner closer to the human mind.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encryption will backfire by eroding trust in U.S.-based Internet services and in the agency's own efforts to aid U.S. companies with cybersecurity, a group of privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A 110-core chip has been developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology as it looks for power-efficient ways to boost performance in mobile devices, PCs and servers.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology never sought a federal prosecution of Aaron Swartz, the programming prodigy who was charged with stealing millions of academic papers from an online archive at MIT, according to a report by the institute.
A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW