Isis, the mobile-payments joint venture that includes three U.S. national mobile operators, said Tuesday that Visa, MasterCard and American Express have signed on to support the project.
For a few hours on Thursday, credit card donations once again flowed to WikiLeaks through a payment gateway at Icelandic hosting company DataCell. Then Visa shut it down again.
MasterCard said on Wednesday that its main website was offline for a short period of time due to a weather-related issue at a third-party ISP and not a distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attack as claimed by WikiLeaks.
MasterCard's main website was unavailable for some time on Tuesday as it appeared hackers were again targeting the company for its refusal to process donations for the whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- FBI, Secret Service studying 'scope' of reported bank cyberattacks
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- HTC Desire 610 smartphone
- Round LG G Watch R has Plastic-OLED display, heart monitor and is waterproof
- IBM Watson now answers your questions before you ask
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW