Isis, the mobile-payments joint venture that includes three U.S. national mobile operators, said Tuesday that Visa, MasterCard and American Express have signed on to support the project.
For a few hours on Thursday, credit card donations once again flowed to WikiLeaks through a payment gateway at Icelandic hosting company DataCell. Then Visa shut it down again.
MasterCard said on Wednesday that its main website was offline for a short period of time due to a weather-related issue at a third-party ISP and not a distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attack as claimed by WikiLeaks.
MasterCard's main website was unavailable for some time on Tuesday as it appeared hackers were again targeting the company for its refusal to process donations for the whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Isis will pilot its mobile commerce program based on Near-Field Communications technology in Salt Lake City in early- to mid-2012, the joint venture said on Monday.
The activists behind Operation Payback have come up with a new way to annoy corporations that have severed their ties with WikiLeaks: bombard them with faxes.
PayPal's website was hit late Wednesday by two botnets as online activists continued their Web attacks on companies that have severed their relationships with WikiLeaks.
Dutch authorities arrested a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday in relation to the cyberattacks against Visa, MasterCard and PayPal, which were aimed at punishing those companies for cutting off services to WikiLeaks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC