Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
MasterCard is testing a contactless payment card with a built-in fingerprint reader that can authorize high-value payments without requiring the user to enter a PIN.
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
Mastercard and roaming infrastructure company Syniverse have come up with a way to protect credit card transactions abroad with help from a phone's location.
MasterCard is helping to bring impulse buying to the world of apps by adding the ability to make purchases within a mobile app to its MasterPass service, which lets consumers store payment information on their devices and purchase items with a tap on...
The three-year blockade against donations to WikiLeaks may have just been chiseled away, in Iceland, by a ruling handed down by the European country's Supreme Court.
Three men were sentenced Thursday in the U.K. for their roles in a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks launched against financial and music industry organizations in 2010 by the Anonymous hacktivist collective.
A 22-year-old U.K. man was convicted for his involvement in a series of distributed denial-of-service attacks launched by the hacktivist group Anonymous against PayPal, MasterCard, Visa and other companies in 2010.
Hacktivist groups Anonymous and TeaMp0isoN have joined together in a new campaign that involves compromising credit card details and using them to donate money to charities, homeless people and anti-government protesters around the world.
MasterCard on Thursday gave a sneak peek into the near future of mobile payment systems and said that the Google Wallet application is within weeks of being rolled out commercially.
WikiLeaks' card payment processor is preparing legal action against Visa Europe, MasterCard Europe and other payment intermediaries after its contract to process payments was abruptly terminated following WikiLeaks' release of secret U.S. diplomatic ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW