Tech firms like Apple still need to convince a lot of people that using their smartphone for contactless payments isn’t a major security risk.
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
MasterCard is testing a contactless payment card with a built-in fingerprint reader that can authorize high-value payments without requiring the user to enter a PIN.
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
Mastercard and roaming infrastructure company Syniverse have come up with a way to protect credit card transactions abroad with help from a phone's location.
MasterCard is helping to bring impulse buying to the world of apps by adding the ability to make purchases within a mobile app to its MasterPass service, which lets consumers store payment information on their devices and purchase items with a tap on...
The three-year blockade against donations to WikiLeaks may have just been chiseled away, in Iceland, by a ruling handed down by the European country's Supreme Court.
Three men were sentenced Thursday in the U.K. for their roles in a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks launched against financial and music industry organizations in 2010 by the Anonymous hacktivist collective.
A 22-year-old U.K. man was convicted for his involvement in a series of distributed denial-of-service attacks launched by the hacktivist group Anonymous against PayPal, MasterCard, Visa and other companies in 2010.
Hacktivist groups Anonymous and TeaMp0isoN have joined together in a new campaign that involves compromising credit card details and using them to donate money to charities, homeless people and anti-government protesters around the world.
MasterCard on Thursday gave a sneak peek into the near future of mobile payment systems and said that the Google Wallet application is within weeks of being rolled out commercially.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW