A group of 29 technology companies has urged the U.S. Congress to reject a proposal to give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate a controversial trade agreement with countries in the Pacific region.
Officials at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ignored multiple auditor reports warning them of potential problems at insurance-shopping website HealthCare.gov before the site's launch Oct. 1, one Republican senator said Wednesday.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
A handful of lawmakers have stalled the U.S. Senate from voting on legislation that would require large Internet and catalog sellers to collect state sales taxes from their customers.
A group of U.S. senators have offered a nonbinding amendment to a fiscal year 2014 budget resolution allowing states to collect sales taxes on Internet sales and end the tax-free shopping that many shoppers enjoy online.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Support ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCAccessability TesterNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW