A group of 29 technology companies has urged the U.S. Congress to reject a proposal to give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate a controversial trade agreement with countries in the Pacific region.
Officials at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ignored multiple auditor reports warning them of potential problems at insurance-shopping website HealthCare.gov before the site's launch Oct. 1, one Republican senator said Wednesday.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
A handful of lawmakers have stalled the U.S. Senate from voting on legislation that would require large Internet and catalog sellers to collect state sales taxes from their customers.
A group of U.S. senators have offered a nonbinding amendment to a fiscal year 2014 budget resolution allowing states to collect sales taxes on Internet sales and end the tax-free shopping that many shoppers enjoy online.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC