Intel is weighing up whether to sell off its security group which is predominantly built on technologies acquired from antivirus firm McAfee, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.
North Korea is most likely not responsible for the cyberattacks against Sony Pictures Entertainment, which saw thousands of sensitive internal documents released on the Web in a high-profile strike, experts said.
Adobe Systems released critical security updates Tuesday for Flash Player to address 18 vulnerabilities, many of which can be remotely exploited to compromise underlying systems.
The U.S. and other nations should look toward Internet voting to make it easier for disabled and elderly people to cast ballots, and to increase participation among young people, but online security remains a huge hurdle, according to a new paper for...
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
Don't worry, you're not the only one with more questions than answers about the 1.2 billion user credentials amassed by Russian hackers.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
Computer-related crimes may cause as much as US$400 billion in losses annually, according to a new study that acknowledges the difficulty in estimating damages from such acts, most of which go unreported.
Searching for football stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil will be risky, according to McAfee.
Intel is putting its energy into the development of smart grid standards and monitoring systems in Germany, with company executives announcing a number of initiatives at the Cebit trade show Monday.
McAfee has released a free version of its mobile security app.
At least three security companies have scrubbed information related to Target from the Web, highlighting the ongoing sensitivity around one of the largest-ever data breaches.
Attackers are actively exploiting a known vulnerability to compromise JBoss Java EE application servers that expose the HTTP Invoker service to the Internet in an insecure manner.
A McAfee vice president and seasoned technology executive will head the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity office, the agency announced Monday.
The Windows 8 Secure Boot mechanism can be bypassed on PCs from certain manufacturers because of oversights in how those vendors implemented the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification, according to a team of security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA