Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Not satisfied with offering eight-core chips, Taiwan's MediaTek has unveiled a mobile processor with 10 cores.
The last couple of months haven seen the launch of a clutch of new smartphones -- and also new chipsets that aim to make the next generation of smartphones more powerful and simpler to recharge.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia