Nokia N9 review: The N9 is without a doubt Nokia's slickest smartphone ever
MeeGo is an Intel-sponsored Linux distribution designed for netbooks
Nokia's N9 smartphone -- the first to run the company's MeeGo operating system -- is now available through Telstra after the telco detailed pricing and plans on its Web site.
Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Nokia may be floundering in the high-end smartphone wars (and will soon be switching to the Windows Phone 7 platform for its N-Series devices), but its newest MeeGo powered N9 smartphone has just been shown off in a teaser video.
Intel has been investing heavily in the development of Meego, which is a lightweight Linux OS for tablets, smartphones and embedded devices. Thus far, Meego has not been offered by any tablet or netbook vendor.
Nokia's N8 smartphone may soon be superseded by a superior model running the MeeGo operating system, thought to be called the Nokia N9.
Nokia has launched its N9 smartphone in Australia, the first and likely the last Nokia phone to run the MeeGo operating system. Although the Nokia N9 is slick and easy to use, the timing of its launch sets it up to compete directly with the Apple iPh...
Earlier this week, Nokia lifted the lid on its latest smartphone, the Nokia N9. It is the struggling company's first smartphone to run the open sourced MeeGo operating system, a joint collaboration between Nokia's Maemo project and Intel's Moblin sof...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC