Hewlett-Packard is in "serious" talks about settling a lawsuit brought by shareholders over its troubled acquisition of infrastructure software vendor Autonomy.
Hewlett-Packard's November 2012 decision to write off billions of dollars in connection with the acquisition of infrastructure software vendor Autonomy continues to dog the company as it prepares to face shareholders at an annual meeting Wednesday.
A judge has ruled that Hewlett-Packard and its CEO, Meg Whitman, must mount a defense against a shareholder class action lawsuit claiming that Whitman and HP made misleading statements about the acquisition of Autonomy.
Customers of Salesforce.com who want their own dedicated infrastructure within the vendor's cloud will now be able to get one through a partnership with Hewlett-Packard.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit accusing eBay of entering into a "handshake" agreement to not recruit or hire employees of software maker Intuit.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Outgoing Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker will get a severance payment of US$7.2 million, plus a $2.4 million performance bonus and additional stock benefits, according to documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW