The latest generation of graphics chips have 3 billion transistors and consume about 200 watts of energy. The numbers are impressive -- until you consider that the human brain has the equivalent of a trillion transistors and consumes just 20 watts of...
Taiwan’s largest computer memory chipmaker on Tuesday forecast a jump in demand for its components in the second quarter of the year as orders from contract computer manufacturers pick up, heralding an all-but-certain DRAM price hikes.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
A huge decline in memory prices could hurt DRAM vendors this year, with overall revenue projected to decline by 11.8 percent in 2011, research firm IHS iSuppli said in a study released Wednesday.
At the Storage Visions conference today, I've been hearing updates on storage connection interfaces, like the state of USB 3.0 (it's going to be everywhere), the WiGig Alliance for faster Wi-Fi transfers, and Intel's jackalope-like Light Peak interfa...
An international group of researchers has figured out how to encode information within the spin of an electron, a technique that may one day lead to smaller, faster memory for computers.
Toshiba could lose up to a fifth of the NAND flash memory chips it was making for delivery early next year, after a momentary power glitch caused its production line to halt. But the problem shouldn't have a long-term effect on chip prices, which cou...
Market research firms Gartner and IDC on Thursday said that worldwide semiconductor revenue will slow down next year, putting the brakes on the market's recovery this year from the recession.
Samsung on Thursday said it has developed a fast version of low-power memory that could help speed up applications in tablets and smartphones.
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
Solid state drives just got a whole lot smaller. Memory maker SanDisk introduced a new super compact memory chip that is smaller than your average postage stamp and lighter than a paperclip.
Device and storage vendors are gradually embracing flash SSDs (solid-state disks) as a complement to spinning disk drives, but one executive at this week's Flash Memory Summit sees great potential in turning flash "upside down," as a lower tier of ca...
Nvidia has signed an agreement to license Rambus patents on memory controllers following a ruling against Nvidia at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the two companies announced.
A shortage of the main memory chips used in personal computers could send prices of the chips higher in the second half of this year, market researcher iSuppli warned on Monday
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW