China has approved Seagate Technology's proposed acquisition of Samsung Electronics' hard disk drive (HDD) business, but with conditions, including measures to minimize potential price increases after the deal, the country's Ministry of Commerce said...
Advanced Micro Devices' first branded desktop system memory modules, called AMD Memory, will be available in North America through major retailers, the company said Monday.
Nanya said on Tuesday it has filed a patent infringement complaint in the U.S. against Japan's Elpida, further escalating the legal battle between the two DRAM makers.
Rambus is considering whether to appeal the Wednesday jury verdict that <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/694345/Jury_Rules_Against_Rambus_in_Antitrust_Case">scuttled its antitrust suit</a> against Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technologies, which...
A San Francisco jury has rejected a US$4 billion antitrust claim by Rambus against rival RAM makers Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technology, a California court announced Wednesday.
Elipda said Wednesday it has sued Nanya in the U.S. and Taiwan for DRAM patent infringements.
Samsung Electronics and Micron Technology on Thursday announced the creation of a consortium around a new low-power memory called Hybrid Memory Cube, which could challenge DDR3 memory in high-performance computers in a few years.
A new form of mobile DDR3 memory that can speed up tablets, smartphones and laptops could appear in devices starting as early as late next year, with adoption ramping up in 2013, analysts said on Thursday.
The price of DDR3 memory used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
HP scientists have made a small breakthrough in the development of a next-generation memory technology called memristors, which some see as a potential replacement for today's widely used flash and DRAM technologies.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled on two patent lawsuits that pit Rambus against two competing DRAM makers, sending both cases back to district courts for reconsideration.
Intel and Micron Technology opened a US$3 billion factory to make NAND flash memory in Singapore on Thursday, Intel officials said.
Intel and Micron Technology on Thursday said they had shrunk NAND flash memory in size, which could help add more storage and features to smartphones or tablets.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++SA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW