Advanced Micro Devices' first branded desktop system memory modules, called AMD Memory, will be available in North America through major retailers, the company said Monday.
Nanya said on Tuesday it has filed a patent infringement complaint in the U.S. against Japan's Elpida, further escalating the legal battle between the two DRAM makers.
Rambus is considering whether to appeal the Wednesday jury verdict that <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/694345/Jury_Rules_Against_Rambus_in_Antitrust_Case">scuttled its antitrust suit</a> against Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technologies, which...
A San Francisco jury has rejected a US$4 billion antitrust claim by Rambus against rival RAM makers Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technology, a California court announced Wednesday.
Elipda said Wednesday it has sued Nanya in the U.S. and Taiwan for DRAM patent infringements.
Samsung Electronics and Micron Technology on Thursday announced the creation of a consortium around a new low-power memory called Hybrid Memory Cube, which could challenge DDR3 memory in high-performance computers in a few years.
A new form of mobile DDR3 memory that can speed up tablets, smartphones and laptops could appear in devices starting as early as late next year, with adoption ramping up in 2013, analysts said on Thursday.
The price of DDR3 memory used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
HP scientists have made a small breakthrough in the development of a next-generation memory technology called memristors, which some see as a potential replacement for today's widely used flash and DRAM technologies.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled on two patent lawsuits that pit Rambus against two competing DRAM makers, sending both cases back to district courts for reconsideration.
Intel and Micron Technology opened a US$3 billion factory to make NAND flash memory in Singapore on Thursday, Intel officials said.
Intel and Micron Technology on Thursday said they had shrunk NAND flash memory in size, which could help add more storage and features to smartphones or tablets.
Japanese DRAM maker Elpida Memory on Monday said its factories are operating "at close to normal levels" two weeks after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake in Japan, and that it has "sufficient parts and materials to continue supplying out customers as usu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW