Advanced Micro Devices' first branded desktop system memory modules, called AMD Memory, will be available in North America through major retailers, the company said Monday.
Nanya said on Tuesday it has filed a patent infringement complaint in the U.S. against Japan's Elpida, further escalating the legal battle between the two DRAM makers.
Rambus is considering whether to appeal the Wednesday jury verdict that <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/694345/Jury_Rules_Against_Rambus_in_Antitrust_Case">scuttled its antitrust suit</a> against Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technologies, which...
A San Francisco jury has rejected a US$4 billion antitrust claim by Rambus against rival RAM makers Hynix Semiconductor and Micron Technology, a California court announced Wednesday.
Elipda said Wednesday it has sued Nanya in the U.S. and Taiwan for DRAM patent infringements.
Samsung Electronics and Micron Technology on Thursday announced the creation of a consortium around a new low-power memory called Hybrid Memory Cube, which could challenge DDR3 memory in high-performance computers in a few years.
A new form of mobile DDR3 memory that can speed up tablets, smartphones and laptops could appear in devices starting as early as late next year, with adoption ramping up in 2013, analysts said on Thursday.
The price of DDR3 memory used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
HP scientists have made a small breakthrough in the development of a next-generation memory technology called memristors, which some see as a potential replacement for today's widely used flash and DRAM technologies.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled on two patent lawsuits that pit Rambus against two competing DRAM makers, sending both cases back to district courts for reconsideration.
Intel and Micron Technology opened a US$3 billion factory to make NAND flash memory in Singapore on Thursday, Intel officials said.
Intel and Micron Technology on Thursday said they had shrunk NAND flash memory in size, which could help add more storage and features to smartphones or tablets.
Japanese DRAM maker Elpida Memory on Monday said its factories are operating "at close to normal levels" two weeks after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake in Japan, and that it has "sufficient parts and materials to continue supplying out customers as usu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT