Dell and EMC have completed their US$67 billion merger to create Dell Technologies, the world's largest privately held technology company. It's a historic day, far from the PC company that sponsored the "Dude, I've bought a Dell" campaign.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
HP has completed its $2.35 billion merger with 3Par, just weeks after thwarting rival Dell in a bidding war for the storage vendor, HP announced Monday.
If IBM is in the due diligence phase of acquisition talks with Sun Microsystems, as news reports suggest, then it has an awful lot to be diligent about.
With industry giants IBM and Sun Microsystems reportedly in merger talks, techies the world over rushed to their keyboards and mobile devices to Twitter about the possibilities.
Vodafone and Hutchison Telecommunications have announced an agreement to merge their telecommunications businesses in Australia.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW