Hewlett-Packard has reached agreement in three shareholder lawsuits arising from its over US$10 billion acquisition of Autonomy.
Oculus VR has accused game publisher ZeniMax Media of attempting to cash in on Facebook's pending acquisition of the wearable virtual reality technology company.
Oracle's pending acquisition of retail and hospitality technology vendor Micros is its biggest since scooping up Sun Microsystems in 2010, which begs questions about why it's willing to pay so much.
Oracle is buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for US$5.3 billion, in a deal that will be its largest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems in 2010.
Oracle is scooping up co-browsing software maker LiveLOOK in a bid to flesh out its suite of customer experience software.
Google has acquired video advertising company mDialog in a bid to provide more high quality video options to its advertisers.
Red Hat is filling out its OpenStack portfolio by acquiring eNovance, a provider of integration services, for approximately US$95 million in cash and stock.
Oracle is reportedly close to buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for more than US$5 billion in a deal that would be its biggest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems several years ago.
When Level 3 Communications completes its US$5.7 billion deal to acquire TW Telecom, the company will be a stronger competitor, focused on large business and government customers, executives from both companies said.
Level 3 Communication is buying TW Telecom for approximately US$5.7 billion [b] in an effort to boost its metropolitan footprint of fixed networks.
Mobile network operator Vodafone wants buy Cobra Automotive Technologies in order to offer a larger range of connected-car services.
Online travel site Priceline is adding restaurant bookings to its menu of offerings with the US$2.6 billion all-cash acquisition of OpenTable. The deal has been approved by the boards of both companies and is expected to close in the third quarter.
After merging with China's Alibaba Group, local mobile browser developer UCWeb is seeking to accelerate its international expansion, and double its user base to 1 billion over the next three to five years.
China's Alibaba Group is buying UCWeb, one of the nation's top mobile browser companies, in a deal that will give the e-commerce giant a bigger reach with smartphone users.
As software vendors tend to do during their big annual user conferences, SAP made a lot of promises to customers this week at Sapphire. The overarching theme was a desire to make SAP's software simpler and its customers' lives easier.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting background | $71 phVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW