Oracle's pending acquisition of retail and hospitality technology vendor Micros is its biggest since scooping up Sun Microsystems in 2010, which begs questions about why it's willing to pay so much.
Oracle is buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for US$5.3 billion, in a deal that will be its largest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems in 2010.
Oracle is scooping up co-browsing software maker LiveLOOK in a bid to flesh out its suite of customer experience software.
Google has acquired video advertising company mDialog in a bid to provide more high quality video options to its advertisers.
Red Hat is filling out its OpenStack portfolio by acquiring eNovance, a provider of integration services, for approximately US$95 million in cash and stock.
Oracle is reportedly close to buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for more than US$5 billion in a deal that would be its biggest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems several years ago.
When Level 3 Communications completes its US$5.7 billion deal to acquire TW Telecom, the company will be a stronger competitor, focused on large business and government customers, executives from both companies said.
Level 3 Communication is buying TW Telecom for approximately US$5.7 billion [b] in an effort to boost its metropolitan footprint of fixed networks.
Mobile network operator Vodafone wants buy Cobra Automotive Technologies in order to offer a larger range of connected-car services.
Online travel site Priceline is adding restaurant bookings to its menu of offerings with the US$2.6 billion all-cash acquisition of OpenTable. The deal has been approved by the boards of both companies and is expected to close in the third quarter.
After merging with China's Alibaba Group, local mobile browser developer UCWeb is seeking to accelerate its international expansion, and double its user base to 1 billion over the next three to five years.
China's Alibaba Group is buying UCWeb, one of the nation's top mobile browser companies, in a deal that will give the e-commerce giant a bigger reach with smartphone users.
As software vendors tend to do during their big annual user conferences, SAP made a lot of promises to customers this week at Sapphire. The overarching theme was a desire to make SAP's software simpler and its customers' lives easier.
Sprint has reached a deal to buy T-Mobile US for about US$50 billion, according to news reports on Wednesday.
Cloudera will incorporate technology from its acquisition of encryption software provider Gazzang into Apache Hadoop so that industries with stringent security regulations can use the big-data processing platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW