Hewlett-Packard has reached agreement in three shareholder lawsuits arising from its over US$10 billion acquisition of Autonomy.
Oculus VR has accused game publisher ZeniMax Media of attempting to cash in on Facebook's pending acquisition of the wearable virtual reality technology company.
Oracle's pending acquisition of retail and hospitality technology vendor Micros is its biggest since scooping up Sun Microsystems in 2010, which begs questions about why it's willing to pay so much.
Oracle is buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for US$5.3 billion, in a deal that will be its largest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems in 2010.
Oracle is scooping up co-browsing software maker LiveLOOK in a bid to flesh out its suite of customer experience software.
Google has acquired video advertising company mDialog in a bid to provide more high quality video options to its advertisers.
Red Hat is filling out its OpenStack portfolio by acquiring eNovance, a provider of integration services, for approximately US$95 million in cash and stock.
Oracle is reportedly close to buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for more than US$5 billion in a deal that would be its biggest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems several years ago.
When Level 3 Communications completes its US$5.7 billion deal to acquire TW Telecom, the company will be a stronger competitor, focused on large business and government customers, executives from both companies said.
Level 3 Communication is buying TW Telecom for approximately US$5.7 billion [b] in an effort to boost its metropolitan footprint of fixed networks.
Mobile network operator Vodafone wants buy Cobra Automotive Technologies in order to offer a larger range of connected-car services.
Online travel site Priceline is adding restaurant bookings to its menu of offerings with the US$2.6 billion all-cash acquisition of OpenTable. The deal has been approved by the boards of both companies and is expected to close in the third quarter.
After merging with China's Alibaba Group, local mobile browser developer UCWeb is seeking to accelerate its international expansion, and double its user base to 1 billion over the next three to five years.
China's Alibaba Group is buying UCWeb, one of the nation's top mobile browser companies, in a deal that will give the e-commerce giant a bigger reach with smartphone users.
As software vendors tend to do during their big annual user conferences, SAP made a lot of promises to customers this week at Sapphire. The overarching theme was a desire to make SAP's software simpler and its customers' lives easier.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC