AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Taking a step into the rapidly emerging market for software-defined storage, Red Hat has agreed to acquire Inktank, the company behind the Ceph open-source storage system, for approximately US$175 million in cash.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
Nokia has named the head of its networks division, Rajeev Suri, as its new CEO from May 1. He will take over from company chairman Risto Siilasmaa, who has been serving as acting CEO.
Tibco has acquired Jaspersoft for US$185 million in a deal that will give it a widely used embedded BI (business-intelligence) suite to sell alongside its existing Spotfire analytics product.
This week on World Tech Update we take you inside the New York Auto Show, where BMW introduced its X5 eDrive concept car.
Nokia's ongoing tax dispute with Indian authorities has put an end to its plans to transfer a local smartphone factory over to Microsoft, as the software maker finalizes its takeover of the Finnish company's devices and services business..
Microsoft will be in the smartphone manufacturing business as of this Friday, the day it expects to close the acquisition of the Nokia Devices and Services business.
Continuing its run of digital marketer acquisitions, IBM has announced its purchase of Silverpop, which specializes in managing personally-customized Internet promotions.
Cable giant Comcast has fired up its messaging machine to promote its proposed US$45.2 billion purchase of fellow cable television and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, arguing the deal will benefit Time Warner's broadband customers.
China is requiring Microsoft and Nokia to make promises on fair patent use, fearing that the proposed acquisition between the two companies could spell trouble for the nation's Android device makers.
Alibaba Group is investing about US$692 million in retail company Intime Retail with the aim of setting up a joint venture that aims to provide linkages between their online and physical retail businesses in China.
SAP is boosting its human resources software portfolio with the acquisition of Fieldglass, maker of a system for finding and managing temporary workers and services. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, were not disclo...
Facebook has reached a surprise deal to buy Oculus VR, developer of the Oculus Rift virtual-reality headset, for about $US2 billion, according to the social network.
Dell has added another company to its growing software portfolio with the acquisition of predictive analytics company, StatSoft, for an undisclosed amount.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW