Adding more muscle to its cloud operations portfolio, IBM is acquiring hosted NoSQL database provider Cloudant.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Google claimed it's ratcheting up the fight against fraud in online advertising, disclosing Friday that it has bought Spider.io, a London company specializing in ad fraud detection technology.
Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
After two-and-a-half years running Hewlett-Packard, CEO Meg Whitman appears ready to make some deals.
It might not have figured in Facebook's calculations, but its deal to buy WhatsApp may help the social networking giant get access to the Chinese market.
Facebook has agreed to buy mobile messaging app, WhatsApp, for $US16 billion in cash and stock, the social network said Wednesday.
The team at SlickLogin, a company working on technology for online authentication using sounds from a mobile phone, said it has joined Google.
Japan's Rakuten will acquire instant messaging and calling app developer Viber Media for US$900 million, the e-commerce giant said Friday, highlighting its moves to penetrate new markets.
Comcast's proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable is partly a grab for negotiating power in the fast-changing video content business, but it might affect broadband users, too.
Comcast will acquire Time Warner Cable in a US$45.2 billion all-stock deal, the companies said Thursday.
Comcast is expected to announce Thursday that it will acquire Time Warner Cable in an all-stock deal, according to reports.
Apparently Klout is popular.
LinkedIn is acquiring Bright, a startup that has developed a search technology for better matching job hunters with employers that could help to drive more users to LinkedIn's site.
Alcatel-Lucent's revenue remained flat, but the company turned a year-earlier loss into a net profit for the fourth quarter, it reported Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- EU antitrust regulators praise audiobooks deal from Apple, Amazon
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW