Amazon.com has acquired game studio Double Helix Games as part of its strategy to strengthen its games offering to customers.
Google's proposed acquisition of Nest Labs has been cleared by U.S. antitrust regulators, possibly paving the way for an early closure of the transaction.
Telenav has acquired German company Skobbler in an effort to improve its navigation offerings using the crowd-sourced and open-sourced OpenStreetMap (OSM) project.
Yahoo has entered into an agreement to acquire Incredible Labs, the startup behind mobile personal assistant app Donna.
Zynga plans to buy U.K.-based game developer NaturalMotion for about US$527 million while cutting 15 percent of its own workforce.
Dassault Systèmes plans to acquire U.S. based scientific enterprise product lifecycle management (PLM) software company Accelrys for approximately US$750 million, the companies announced Thursday.
PC makers have often struggled when it comes to selling smartphones, but China's Lenovo could be on the cusp of making a breakthrough. The company's US$2.9 billion deal to buy Motorola Mobility from Google might end up paving the way for Lenovo to be...
Yahoo is acquiring Tomfoolery, a startup that makes software to better connect employees on the desktop and mobile, it was announced Wednesday.
Lenovo is once again restructuring its operations, this time to create two new business groups devoted to its enterprise products and to developing a software ecosystem.
Verizon Communications shareholders pushed forward the full buyout of Verizon Wireless on Tuesday, voting to approve the issuance of stock to Vodafone Group shareholders.
AT&T has said it doesn't intend to make an offer for Vodafone in the next six months, but that could change overnight if a competitor makes an offer.
Google has acquired DeepMind Technologies, an artificial intelligence company in London, reportedly for US$400 million.
Yahoo has acquired Cloud Party, a gaming company specializing in virtual worlds, in another deal to give the search giant more engineering chops.
Nokia's improving Lumia shipments came to a halt during the fourth quarter, bad news for Microsoft, which will soon take over the phone unit.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW