Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Yahoo has acquired LookFlow, an image recognition company, as part of a plan to improve photo discovery on Flickr, Yahoo announced Wednesday.
Oracle is hoping to differentiate its CRM (customer relationship management) software from the competition with the acquisition of BigMachines, whose cloud-based system helps salespeople quickly put together and price complex orders.
Fresh from its acquisition of Sprint, Japan's SoftBank plans to take control of Brightstar, the dominant distributor of mobile devices in the U.S. and a global player serving more than 200 carriers.
China's Lenovo Group is considering a bid for struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Oracle has acquired Compendium in an effort to offer a more complete platform for online marketing.
Facebook has agreed to acquire mobile data compression startup Onavo and plans to use its technology in an effort to make Internet access more affordable, Facebook said on Monday.
Fingerprint recognition is such a hot topic that hoaxers are moving in on the action too: On Friday a news release claiming that Samsung Electronics planned to acquire a Swedish developer of fingerprint technology turned out to be a fake.
Continuing to build its portfolio of software for supporting electronic commerce operations, IBM has acquired Xtify, a provider of push notification-based marketing services for mobile platforms. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Google has acquired Flutter, a gesture recognition company whose technology lets people control music and movies on their desktop by waving their hands.
Silicon Graphics International has acquired storage company, Filetek, as the server maker looks to provide customers with better control over petabytes of stored data in high-performance computing environments.
Expanding its portfolio of data analysis services to better accommodate the mobile market, IBM is acquiring Dublin-based Now Factory, which offers customer usage analysis services and software for wireless telecommunications providers.
Intel has signed a deal to acquire Sensory Networks, a provider of software pattern matching technology for network security applications.
Several recent IPOs and eBay's US$800 million cash offer for payments startup BrainTree this week highlight what looks like a burgeoning market for tech initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD