Oracle is hoping to differentiate its CRM (customer relationship management) software from the competition with the acquisition of BigMachines, whose cloud-based system helps salespeople quickly put together and price complex orders.
Fresh from its acquisition of Sprint, Japan's SoftBank plans to take control of Brightstar, the dominant distributor of mobile devices in the U.S. and a global player serving more than 200 carriers.
China's Lenovo Group is considering a bid for struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Oracle has acquired Compendium in an effort to offer a more complete platform for online marketing.
Facebook has agreed to acquire mobile data compression startup Onavo and plans to use its technology in an effort to make Internet access more affordable, Facebook said on Monday.
Fingerprint recognition is such a hot topic that hoaxers are moving in on the action too: On Friday a news release claiming that Samsung Electronics planned to acquire a Swedish developer of fingerprint technology turned out to be a fake.
Continuing to build its portfolio of software for supporting electronic commerce operations, IBM has acquired Xtify, a provider of push notification-based marketing services for mobile platforms. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Google has acquired Flutter, a gesture recognition company whose technology lets people control music and movies on their desktop by waving their hands.
Silicon Graphics International has acquired storage company, Filetek, as the server maker looks to provide customers with better control over petabytes of stored data in high-performance computing environments.
Expanding its portfolio of data analysis services to better accommodate the mobile market, IBM is acquiring Dublin-based Now Factory, which offers customer usage analysis services and software for wireless telecommunications providers.
Intel has signed a deal to acquire Sensory Networks, a provider of software pattern matching technology for network security applications.
Several recent IPOs and eBay's US$800 million cash offer for payments startup BrainTree this week highlight what looks like a burgeoning market for tech initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
The U.S. mobile industry would be more competitive with one less carrier, Sprint's CFO said on Thursday.
PayPal's parent company, eBay, plans to acquire payments startup Braintree for approximately US$800 million in cash to enhance PayPal's mobile capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW