A consortium led by Canada's Fairfax Financial Holdings has offered to acquire struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry.
Domain name provider GoDaddy acquired domain marketplace Afternic from NameMedia in a move to make it easier for small business owners to buy domain names.
Boosting its portfolio of enterprise content management tools, IBM has acquired Daeja Image Systems and its embeddable software for viewing many different types of documents and images.
Vodafone is close to acquiring Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable operator, for €7.7 billion (US$10 billion).
Dell will invest in additional acquisitions and remain committed to its struggling PC business once a $US24.9 billion deal to go private is complete, according to company officials.
Shareholders have voted to approve a $US24.9 billion buyout of the company by founder and CEO Michael Dell and investment firm Silver Lake Partners.
Citing low profit margins, IBM has sold its customer care outsourcing business to Synnex for US$505 million, the companies said Tuesday.
SAP is expanding its arsenal of data-analysis software with the acquisition of predictive analytics vendor KXEN, announced Tuesday.
After a long battle, Carl Icahn and associates admitted they were fighting a losing battle and have stepped away from their attempt to buy Dell.
Western Digital is continuing its acquisition spree of flash storage companies, announcing a definitive agreement to buy enterprise solid-state drive (SSD) vendor Virident for $US685 million.
Microsoft has bought Nokia's smartphone and mobile business for €5.44 billion so we've taken a look at what it means for the companies involved, for Windows Phone, and for the mobile market as a whole.
Microsoft wants to build a better mobile phone through its acquisition of Nokia's mobile phone business. One way it hopes to do that? By improving its maps applications to better compete against Google's.
Verizon Wireless has no plans to expand into the Canadian mobile market, the head of its parent company said on Tuesday in the wake of a deal to bring all of the wireless subsidiary under Verizon Communications.
Microsoft is to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, which includes the smartphone and mobile phones businesses, and license the Finnish company's patents for a total of €5.44 billion (US$7 billion) in cash, the companies said Monday.
Verizon Communications has reached an agreement to buy Vodafone Group's 45 per cent stake in its Verizon Wireless subsidiary for $US130 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW