Sprint Nextel's proposed buyout of network partner Clearwire may be inevitable, and it could help Sprint keep its signature unlimited mobile data plans alive.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Oracle is planning to buy DataRaker in a move that will give it a cloud-based platform for analyzing data from smart meters used by energy utilities. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, weren't disclosed.
Sprint Nextel is in negotiations to acquire the remainder of Clearwire, its 4G WiMax network partner, according to news reports.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Extending its line of enterprise management software for mobile devices, Citrix is acquiring device management software provider Zenprise.
Data-center networking vendor Emulex plans to acquire Endace, a maker of network performance management hardware and software, for about US$130 million, the companies announced on Wednesday.
Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Infor has scooped up marketing resource management vendor Orbis Global in a bid to flesh out the capabilities of its Epiphany marketing suite. Terms of the agreement, which was announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its optical networking business unit to private investment firm Marlin Equity Partners, the latest in a series of sell-offs as the vendor concentrates on mobile broadband networks.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
Cisco is planning to acquire network planning tools vendor Cariden Technologies for US$141 million, in its third announced acquisition this month.
Google has acquired Incentive Targeting which offers a software-as-a-service platform for promotional campaigns to the grocery industry.
A reported deal between Google and ICOA hasn't taken place, according to ICOA.
Google is paying US$400 million to acquire Wi-Fi access provider ICOA, which owns or operates over 1,500 wireless hotspots and hot zones in the U.S.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC