Sprint Nextel's proposed buyout of network partner Clearwire may be inevitable, and it could help Sprint keep its signature unlimited mobile data plans alive.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Oracle is planning to buy DataRaker in a move that will give it a cloud-based platform for analyzing data from smart meters used by energy utilities. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, weren't disclosed.
Sprint Nextel is in negotiations to acquire the remainder of Clearwire, its 4G WiMax network partner, according to news reports.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Extending its line of enterprise management software for mobile devices, Citrix is acquiring device management software provider Zenprise.
Data-center networking vendor Emulex plans to acquire Endace, a maker of network performance management hardware and software, for about US$130 million, the companies announced on Wednesday.
Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Infor has scooped up marketing resource management vendor Orbis Global in a bid to flesh out the capabilities of its Epiphany marketing suite. Terms of the agreement, which was announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its optical networking business unit to private investment firm Marlin Equity Partners, the latest in a series of sell-offs as the vendor concentrates on mobile broadband networks.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
Cisco is planning to acquire network planning tools vendor Cariden Technologies for US$141 million, in its third announced acquisition this month.
Google has acquired Incentive Targeting which offers a software-as-a-service platform for promotional campaigns to the grocery industry.
A reported deal between Google and ICOA hasn't taken place, according to ICOA.
Google is paying US$400 million to acquire Wi-Fi access provider ICOA, which owns or operates over 1,500 wireless hotspots and hot zones in the U.S.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT