Oracle is planning to buy DataRaker in a move that will give it a cloud-based platform for analyzing data from smart meters used by energy utilities. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, weren't disclosed.
Sprint Nextel is in negotiations to acquire the remainder of Clearwire, its 4G WiMax network partner, according to news reports.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Extending its line of enterprise management software for mobile devices, Citrix is acquiring device management software provider Zenprise.
Data-center networking vendor Emulex plans to acquire Endace, a maker of network performance management hardware and software, for about US$130 million, the companies announced on Wednesday.
Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Infor has scooped up marketing resource management vendor Orbis Global in a bid to flesh out the capabilities of its Epiphany marketing suite. Terms of the agreement, which was announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its optical networking business unit to private investment firm Marlin Equity Partners, the latest in a series of sell-offs as the vendor concentrates on mobile broadband networks.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
Cisco is planning to acquire network planning tools vendor Cariden Technologies for US$141 million, in its third announced acquisition this month.
Google has acquired Incentive Targeting which offers a software-as-a-service platform for promotional campaigns to the grocery industry.
A reported deal between Google and ICOA hasn't taken place, according to ICOA.
Google is paying US$400 million to acquire Wi-Fi access provider ICOA, which owns or operates over 1,500 wireless hotspots and hot zones in the U.S.
Cisco intends to acquire Meraki, a vendor of technology for cloud based management of wireless LAN, security appliances, and mobile devices for $US1.2 billion in cash and retention-based incentives.
The number and value of technology mergers and acquisitions is flattening out, mainly as a result of economic uncertainty, according to a PricewaterhouseCoopers report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia