Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
Norwegian browser developer Opera Software has bought virtual private network service SurfEasy to help its users protect their privacy when accessing the Web from smartphones, tablets and computers.
Facebook has acquired The Find, a nine-year-old company with a search engine that indexes products across thousands of e-commerce sites.
Amazon.com has acquired 2lemetry, a startup that has developed a platform for the integration of connected devices across enterprises, as it expands on its Internet of Things strategy.
The containerization trend has been growing fast and furious over the past year or so in the world of software development, and on Thursday leading player Docker announced a step toward further expansion.
SugarCRM has acquired software and programmers from Stitch, the developer of an iPhone app that acts as a personal assistant for sales staff, in order to boost its customer relationship management offering.
IBM has acquired computing services provider AlchemyAPI to broaden its portfolio of Watson-branded cognitive computing services.
Hard on the heels of debuting a cloud storage service for financial services firms, Box announced Tuesday that it has acquired Subspace, a startup focused on cross-device collaboration security.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard will purchase Aruba Networks to boost its wireless networking business, the companies announced Monday.
Chip makers NXP Semiconductors Freescale Semiconductor are to merge, creating a US$40 billion company that, they say, leads the market in automotive chips and general-purpose microcontrollers.
FCC votes in new U.S. net neutrality rules
Box has acquired Airpost, a startup that helps enterprises detect and manage the use of cloud applications by their employees.
Indian outsourcer Infosys is to acquire Panaya, a U.S. vendor of automation technology for testing enterprise software deployments and upgrades.
After acquiring a competitor weeks ago and just announcing plans to buy another one, Expedia may look like the dominant player in online travel, but its CEO argues the deals are necessary to battle another rival: Google.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCAccessability TesterNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAccessability TesterVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC