Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
Cisco Monday announced that it has acquired privately held Versly, a maker of collaboration software for Microsoft Office applications.
Six months after laying out his "strategic vision" for HP, CEO Leo Apotheker took the actions to realize it. And abandoned the mobile computing space.
Google's bid to acquire Motorola Mobility is a brilliant move that will stave off Android's patent attackers. Or it's act of desperation that will force Android phone makers to adopt rival platforms. Or it was simply something that Google had to do, ...
Google is paying a premium for Motorola Mobility, the recently spun-off device maker from Motorola proper. But for the $12.5 billion it's paying, Google likely is more interested in Motorola's patents than its phones.
Google is apparently sick of being pushed around by patent attorneys from Microsoft and Apple.
Zeus Technology has bought application firewall vendor Art of Defence for an undisclosed amount and promises tighter integration with Zeus' application delivery controller.
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
EMC Corp. today announced it has acquired NetWitness Corp, a security company that makes the NextGen visibility monitoring system to detect electronic threats and malware-based attacks. EMC said NetWitness will operate as part of RSA.
The proposed AT&T-T-Mobile merger has many different groups standing athwart recent telecom history and yelling, "Stop!"
AT&T’s surprise buyout of T-Mobile USA for $39 billion has industry watchers scrambling to figure out what the deal means for subscribers, the U.S. cellular industry and investors.
Cisco this week announced its intent to acquire privately held Inlet Technologies, a provider of adaptive bit rate (ABR) digital media processing platforms, for $95 million in cash and retention-based incentives.
Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) has announced plans to buy NaviSite (NASDAQ: NAVI) in a $230 million deal through which Time Warner will inherit more than a thousand business customers who use managed services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Car and pedestrian collision? There'll soon be an app for that
- Windows 10 adds full support for Canadian French, Mexican Spanish
- To see benefits, heath wearables must keep people engaged
- Someday your phone may stop an oncoming car
- NSA will lose access to 'historical' phone surveillence data Nov. 29
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW