In a new interview, Apple executives "revealed" their strategy of using software like iMessage to push hardware sales.
If you're a heavy user of Facebook's chat app, this might be the best way to keep all your conversations in one place.
Apple is letting third-party developers turn iMessage into a WeChat clone.
Iran has ordered messaging apps to transfer data and activity records of Iranian users to local servers within one year, a move that will give the country a greater ability to monitor and censor the online activity of its people.
Potential version of the FB Messenger iOS app has a time-limit for your messages to remain visible.
Now you and 49 of your closest friends can have a free, voice call on Facebook Messenger.
Not wanting to be left behind by WhatsApp, Viber just announced the addition of end-to-end encryption for messaging on its platform.
Twitter amps up its Direct Messaging appeal by making it easier to send a Tweet in a private convo.
Google's never-ending quest to organize all the world's information might include plans to run all your group conversations.
Facebook is pushing the concept of Messenger as a platform, with possible new features including retail in-store payments.
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
BlackBerry has delayed the rollout of Android and iOS versions of its popular BlackBerry Messenger app, which was expected to be available for the additional platforms this weekend.
Messages for iOS is arguably the most-used app on my iPhone: I use it more than Mailbox, more than Camera+, more than Google Maps, and definitely more than Phone. And I'm probably not alone here. Text messaging is an integral part of the mobile devic...
Facebook is working on a messaging app that will allow users to send each other "self-destructing" messages and photos, according to reports. The app could expand Facebook's growing portfolio of mobile apps within weeks.
At the ripe old age of 20, text messaging is still a popular way to communicate, but there are signs that its best days are behind it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC