WhatsApp is adding two-step verification, an extra security feature that all users should enable as soon as it becomes available. Here's how it works.
Just before the holidays get into full swing, Viber is rolling out an app update featuring improved emoticons, recorded video messages, and animated GIFs.
Skype's making it easier to use Skype Translator for real-time multi-language conversations by enabling calls to landlines and mobile phones.
You accidentally sent a text to a landline. What does the recipient hear?
Google's cross-platform chat app is continues to improve in its bid to lure users from other services.
How the peach emoji got its groove back.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
It's the first major update for Google's new messaging service, and it brings a lot that probably should have been there at launch.
You can now draw and add emoji to your photos and videos on WhatsApp.
Apple has shared data from its server logs with police.
Leaning heavily on Google's new Assistant, Google hopes Allo will finally give it a messaging app that really sticks.
Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
The concept is similar to a feature found in Snapchat, which allows you to augment your chat with some face-to-face conversation.
Finding images, sending messages, and transferring money in third-party apps is about to get a whole lot easier.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Smart teddy bears involved in a contentious data breach
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
- Porsche Design's Book One looks to outrace Microsoft's Surface Book
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFinancial Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTPre- Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW