As Ethernet marks its 40th birthday this week, some of those celebrating will also be looking ahead to yet another use for the nearly ubiquitous technology: the Cloud.
Metro Ethernet Forum
Service providers will be able to launch Ethernet services more quickly and make them work across other carriers more easily with a new set of standards for carrier Ethernet equipment, backers of the specifications say.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW