The merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS cleared its last major hurdle on Wednesday as MetroPCS shareholders overwhelmingly approved the deal.
MetroPCS has pushed back a hotly anticipated shareholder meeting that will decide the fate of the carrier's proposed merger with T-Mobile USA.
A sweeter offer for the merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS reportedly has been approved by T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom.
Some of the smallest mobile operators in the U.S. have lined up behind a deal that would dramatically expand the country's fourth-largest carrier, a twist that has everything to do with the national dominance of AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
The merger between T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS moved one step closer to completion on Tuesday as the FCC approved the deal without conditions.
T-Mobile USA is drawing closer to finishing its merger with MetroPCS Wireless as a deadline for action by the U.S. Department of Justice passed on Tuesday.
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
RCS, a standard for combining voice calls with video and text chatting on smartphones, notched a win on Wednesday with U.S. carrier MetroPCS but faces an uncertain future.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted in favor of a resolution to throw out the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's recently adopted net neutrality rules.
Republican members of the House of Representatives on Wednesday called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to rescind its network neutrality order from last December, but the agency's chairman defended the decision.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPRelease and Deployment MangerACT
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- FTInsights AnalystNSW