The merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS cleared its last major hurdle on Wednesday as MetroPCS shareholders overwhelmingly approved the deal.
MetroPCS has pushed back a hotly anticipated shareholder meeting that will decide the fate of the carrier's proposed merger with T-Mobile USA.
A sweeter offer for the merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS reportedly has been approved by T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom.
Some of the smallest mobile operators in the U.S. have lined up behind a deal that would dramatically expand the country's fourth-largest carrier, a twist that has everything to do with the national dominance of AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
The merger between T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS moved one step closer to completion on Tuesday as the FCC approved the deal without conditions.
T-Mobile USA is drawing closer to finishing its merger with MetroPCS Wireless as a deadline for action by the U.S. Department of Justice passed on Tuesday.
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
RCS, a standard for combining voice calls with video and text chatting on smartphones, notched a win on Wednesday with U.S. carrier MetroPCS but faces an uncertain future.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted in favor of a resolution to throw out the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's recently adopted net neutrality rules.
Republican members of the House of Representatives on Wednesday called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to rescind its network neutrality order from last December, but the agency's chairman defended the decision.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC