A 19-year-old U.K. man said he was relieved after receiving probation for pleading guilty to four hacking-related charges in connection with a large distributed denial-of-service attack on the Metropolitan Police Service's website.
Metropolitan Police Service
U.K. police arrested six people on Thursday for allegedly running a phishing scam that stole an estimated £1.6 million (US$2.6 million) from victims who had taken out student loans.
The U.K. is continuing to aggressively pursue so-called hacktivists, charging two men and arresting two more on Thursday who are allegedly connected with the groups Anonymous and Lulz Security.
The 18-year-old teenager identified by police as the spokesman for the hacking groups Anonymous and Lulz Security was charged on Sunday with five offenses and expected to appear Monday in a London court.
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD