A 19-year-old U.K. man said he was relieved after receiving probation for pleading guilty to four hacking-related charges in connection with a large distributed denial-of-service attack on the Metropolitan Police Service's website.
Metropolitan Police Service
U.K. police arrested six people on Thursday for allegedly running a phishing scam that stole an estimated £1.6 million (US$2.6 million) from victims who had taken out student loans.
The U.K. is continuing to aggressively pursue so-called hacktivists, charging two men and arresting two more on Thursday who are allegedly connected with the groups Anonymous and Lulz Security.
The 18-year-old teenager identified by police as the spokesman for the hacking groups Anonymous and Lulz Security was charged on Sunday with five offenses and expected to appear Monday in a London court.
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTWindows AdministratorACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW