Encrypted social networking tools are hindering the FBI's ability to track terrorists and recruiters who are appealing to young people in the U.S., an FBI official told lawmakers.
For the second time in two days, the U.S. House of Representatives has voted to pass a bill that would give legal protections to companies that share cyberattack information.
A new bill designed to encourage businesses and government agencies to share information about cyberthreats with each other may go farther toward protecting the privacy of Internet users than other recent legislation in the U.S. Congress.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring federal agencies to share cyberthreat information with private companies and to create a cybersecurity framework focused on reducing risks to companies providing critical infrastruct...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC