About 2.6 million payment cards at Michaels Stores and another 400,000 at subsidiary Aaron Brothers may have been affected in a card skimming attack that compromised its point-of-sale systems, the retailer said Thursday.
One in three data breach victims in 2013 later experienced fraud, according to a survey released Wednesday, a sharp increase that doesn't bode well for millions of Target shoppers.
Michaels, a large U.S.-based arts and craft store chain, said Saturday it is investigating a possible data breach after suspicious activity was detected on payment cards used at its stores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD