About 2.6 million payment cards at Michaels Stores and another 400,000 at subsidiary Aaron Brothers may have been affected in a card skimming attack that compromised its point-of-sale systems, the retailer said Thursday.
One in three data breach victims in 2013 later experienced fraud, according to a survey released Wednesday, a sharp increase that doesn't bode well for millions of Target shoppers.
Michaels, a large U.S.-based arts and craft store chain, said Saturday it is investigating a possible data breach after suspicious activity was detected on payment cards used at its stores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA