A networking equipment malfunction has disrupted Twitter, causing the microblogging site to become unavailable to users for hours on Wednesday and forcing company engineers to shut down key features to perform the repairs.
Twitter has is banning third-party advertisements on its site in a move to control the monetization and integrity of the micro-blogging service. The company is spinning the move, saying it's building a firewall that blocks out advertisements that tar...
Microsoft plans to start a small-scale pilot of a microblogging service aimed at business users that it has been experimenting with in Office Labs.
A vast majority of Twitter users are mainly interested in ... well, themselves.
NewsGator's Social Sites, an enterprise social-networking complement to Microsoft's SharePoint Server 2007, now features Twitter-like microblogging capabilities tailored for workplace communications.
Little more than a week after Nambu Network said it was shutting down URL-shortener tr.im, and just days after the service was reactivated, its founder announced he would take the code open-source and give up the attractive URL.
If Twitter decides to sue Web sites and bloggers that published information pilfered from its systems by hackers, the company could be diving into murky and largely untested legal waters.
This past weekend, something strange happened in the U.S. media landscape: Twitter helped shape coverage of the Iranian elections protests.
With Twitter Inc. co-founder Biz Stone ruling out advertising on the social network, the question for the online business world is: What will Twitter do to ensure it can survive the long-term?
Ask any high school kid - soaring popularity loses some of its luster if more than half of your new friends ditch you after the first month.
Twitter Inc. continues to be on a roll.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD