A networking equipment malfunction has disrupted Twitter, causing the microblogging site to become unavailable to users for hours on Wednesday and forcing company engineers to shut down key features to perform the repairs.
Twitter has is banning third-party advertisements on its site in a move to control the monetization and integrity of the micro-blogging service. The company is spinning the move, saying it's building a firewall that blocks out advertisements that tar...
Microsoft plans to start a small-scale pilot of a microblogging service aimed at business users that it has been experimenting with in Office Labs.
A vast majority of Twitter users are mainly interested in ... well, themselves.
NewsGator's Social Sites, an enterprise social-networking complement to Microsoft's SharePoint Server 2007, now features Twitter-like microblogging capabilities tailored for workplace communications.
Little more than a week after Nambu Network said it was shutting down URL-shortener tr.im, and just days after the service was reactivated, its founder announced he would take the code open-source and give up the attractive URL.
If Twitter decides to sue Web sites and bloggers that published information pilfered from its systems by hackers, the company could be diving into murky and largely untested legal waters.
This past weekend, something strange happened in the U.S. media landscape: Twitter helped shape coverage of the Iranian elections protests.
With Twitter Inc. co-founder Biz Stone ruling out advertising on the social network, the question for the online business world is: What will Twitter do to ensure it can survive the long-term?
Ask any high school kid - soaring popularity loses some of its luster if more than half of your new friends ditch you after the first month.
Twitter Inc. continues to be on a roll.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD