Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
Smartphones, tablets and PCs are about to get a whole lot more storage capacity thanks to new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron that cram more bits into a smaller space.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW