Just as graphics card makers like Nvidia found a secondary market for their wares as system-fortifying co-processors, Micron is plotting to sell booster computational elements based on its memory technologies.
Oracle, Red Hat and Micron earnings, along with good macroeconomic news, are pumping oxygen into tech stocks after the tragic March 11 earthquake in Japan disrupted markets worldwide.
Micron Technology will bring faster interfaces to its enterprise SSD (solid-state disk) line in June when it begins shipping its P300 drives to makers of storage equipment.
Xilinx, which makes a range of chips often used in communications gear, plans to release its first 28-nanometer chips by the fourth quarter of this year to lower costs and attract new customers as the world pulls out of recession.
Intel Corp. and Micron Technology Inc. on Monday plan to announce the world's first 25-nanometer NAND flash technology, which will make it possible to double the storage capacity of devices like smartphones, music and media players, and solid-state d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC