Microsoft's Kin One has slick software, but unimpressive hardware
With its Kin line of phones killed, Microsoft has announced that the people who worked on those devices will join the Windows Phone 7 team, incorporating Kin concepts and technology into Microsoft's upcoming mobile OS.
Have you been itching to know what's under the Kin's skin? The helpful demolition experts at iFixit and Chipworks lay it all for you in a step-by-step disassembly of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/050510-microsoft-kin-phones-to-go.htm...
The first reviews of Microsoft's Kin phones are in, and while critics don't agree on whether the phones are a success, they do agree on one thing: the price of Verizon Wireless' data plans could doom the phones to obscurity.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's comment last September that his company had "screwed up" with Windows Mobile had some theorizing that Microsoft's handheld team was in disarray and probably unable to take on the Apple iPhone and other devices.
The first smartphones based on Nvidia's low-power Tegra chips will soon be here, in the form of the new Kin devices announced by Microsoft earlier on Monday.
Microsoft dropped a stunner on the tech world this week by terminating Kin, its social media-centered phone for teenagers.
Call me crazy, but something about Microsoft's Kin phone</a> just doesn't add up.
If Microsoft's Kin phones are supposed be for a younger audience, then we're busting out the antiquated lingo to judge what's cool and lame about the not-quite-smartphone. The main feature of these social phones is the way they stream updates and mes...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT