You can now check your Facebook status updates and add friends within Microsoft Outlook, thanks to an update to the Outlook Social Connector plugin.
Microsoft revealed on Monday two open source projects intended to improve interoperability with Microsoft Outlook files and even enable easier migrations from Outlook.
Nine months after Google daringly launched a sync tool to link its hosted Apps collaboration and communication suite with arch-rival Microsoft's Outlook PC software, results have been mixed.
Google has found a fix for a bug that affected Google Apps' <a href="https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync">Sync for Microsoft Outlook</a> by preventing some e-mails from being downloaded from Gmail servers to the Outlook program on end-users' PC...
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
Microsoft is transforming Outlook from an e-mail client, or messaging platform, to a social networking hub with the addition of social connectors. The integration of social networking is a huge benefit for Outlook users, and may even help drive adopt...
Integrate LinkedIn With Outlook
Long an important product for Microsoft, Exchange Server going forward will play even more of a key role in the company's plan to extend its collaboration applications to mobile devices and other software platforms.
In its bold march to become a credible collaboration and communication suite for businesses, Google Apps has encountered a frequent roadblock that has proven more vexing than expected to circumvent: good old Microsoft Outlook.
Showing again the power of Twitter for quick social organizing, Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday was forced to defend itself against complaints that its market-leading Outlook e-mail program wreaks havoc on rich-HTML e-mails.
After promising that people can use Outlook "seamlessly" with the Gmail component of its Apps suite, Google is toning down those expectations.
While Google is in hot pursuit of an enterprise e-mail business, the announced support this week for Outlook as a client interface for Gmail does little to distinguish the vendor from other players chasing top-dog Microsoft.
Google Tuesday unveiled synchronization technology that supports Microsoft Outlook as the front end to Gmail, giving users an option to scrap Exchange on the back end while allowing users to keep their familiar desktop client.
In another move by Google Inc. to woo enterprises to its hosted software, the company today unveiled Google Apps Synch for Microsoft Outlook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2ACT
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia