Microsoft today said it will deliver 10 security updates next week to patch a record-tying 34 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer, Office and SharePoint.
Microsoft Tuesday issued two security updates detailing patches for applications in Windows and Office that the company deemed critical, because one of the vulnerabilities could sneak up on administrators via third-party software installations.
Microsoft has re-released a buggy update that didn't properly protect some of its Windows 2000 users from a security flaw.
Microsoft has fixed a problem in Office 2003 that prevented the software from opening documents saved using its access control technology.
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW