Microsoft today said it will deliver 10 security updates next week to patch a record-tying 34 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer, Office and SharePoint.
Microsoft Tuesday issued two security updates detailing patches for applications in Windows and Office that the company deemed critical, because one of the vulnerabilities could sneak up on administrators via third-party software installations.
Microsoft has re-released a buggy update that didn't properly protect some of its Windows 2000 users from a security flaw.
Microsoft has fixed a problem in Office 2003 that prevented the software from opening documents saved using its access control technology.
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW